Free Character Certificate Format is available for download at end of the article. Government Authority or any other institution issue a character certificate to an individual saying that the individual has no criminal procedures or negative records in previous institutions.
This certificate is for an individual who wants to study abroad, apply for government employment or any other private job. The document essentially serves as a background check on the individual.
The certificate explicitly states the individual’s criminal record history or pending court cases.
Usually, character certificates have various formats and the mode of application varies on the chosen institution or authoritative body.
The person in charge of attesting the character certificate usually has to approve it after a thorough analysis of the person’s conduct . Read on to find out more about What is Character Certificate in English?, character certificate application, School character certificate download.
Institutions/governments require this document to guarantee that the individual with whom they are communicating will not pose harm to their environment or the institution’s name.
Typically, the document’s form and mechanism of application may differ depending on the institution or governing authority.
This certification is for a variety of fields and purposes, including:
• Employment – New companies expect candidates to provide character references from former employment. This is to examine the employee’s behaviour in their former organisation.
• Academics – Fellow students get character certificates by academic institutions. The certificate elaborates on the fact that the student’s behaviour is satisfactory, and they followed all of the institution’s norms and regulations. Some scholarships also ask applicants to provide character references.
• Business – A business character certificate confirms that the individual will demonstrate great business behaviour.
• Immigration/Travel – For the purpose of immigration, the police normally offer a character certificate.
How to Get it?
- If you have a clean record and have never been charged with a crime, getting a Character certificate should be the least of your worries. Here’s how to get a character certificate, based on where you apply.
- For submitting a certificate in an academic setting, approach your previous college principal for the same. You are required to get a signature on the document attesting your good behaviour whilst studying the institution.
- While applying as a fresher contact your university for the same.
- If not a fresher, then ask your present employer for the same when switching your job
- In the case of immigration and travel, you will be required to produce a Police Character certificate that includes police verification.
- Or else you can also issue a this certificate online from the respective state citizen-government website.
How to Apply Online?
Online portals are available on the respective state website for applying for the document.
Any citizen is eligible to apply. The verification process takes about 10-12 working days after which the certificate will be available on the website for download. Here are the steps to apply for the certificate.
- Register of the respective state website as a new user. You will find a section of character verification report in the “citizens service section”.
- After your registration is complete login to your account with the generated ID and password.
- Fill in all the accurate details in the Character certificate application Form.
- To cross – verify all the information, you must mention the nearest police station in the area and the name of the district.
- Upload all the necessary documents and click ‘Save’.
- You are required to pay a fee of 250 INR in order to complete the process.
There are certain document requirements if you wish to apply for the certificate.
- Letter from Company / Application to Commissioner / Superintendent of Police for NOC
- Recent Passport Size Photo
- Signature on White Paper
- Age proof (SSC/HSC certificate, self-attested indemnity bond, birth certificate)
- ID proof (PAN card, driving license, election card, student card)
- Address proof (ration card, electricity bill, telephone bill, aadhar card, passport, a letter from society)
Sample of a Character Certificate
Given below is the format of a character certificate